Exciting things are happening in Chile!
July marked the beginning of our second month in Chile, and it was an exciting month of seeing God do great things:
1. We were able to attend the annual youth congress here in Santiago. Each night we had between 150-200 people from approximately seven churches attend each service. The Lord did a great work in the heart of many young people, and we look forward to seeing the fruit from this meeting in the days ahead.
2. We held a special service on July 19 at Iglesia Bautista Libertad and had approximately 75-80 people attend, several first time visitors, and a couple people make professions of faith in Christ as their savior.
3. We have started language school and it has been a wonderful experience with it’s on challenges, but the Lord is helping us. Yes, Erica is doing better than I am.
4. We had a supporting pastor and friend come and help us finish setting up and see all that the Lord is doing here Santiago.
Also, we want to thank you for praying with us for a solution to the issues we are having with the car we purchased. We did not receive a good report from the mechanic, and are praying for the Lord’s direction.
Thank you for your support both prayerfully and financially. It is our honor and privilege to be your ambassadors in Chile.
We are very early in August but we already have more exciting things to share in our next update. Can’t wait to tell you about them too.
1. Wisdom on what to do with our car. We have two options
– Pay for expensive repairs and pray there are no more issues
– Sale the car and take a loss and try again.
2. Iglesia Bautista Libertad
– The church was robbed on August 05; $2000.00 worth of equipment was taken
3. Iglesia Bautista Vida land purchase
– This is a church that was started by missionary Jason Holt. Erica and I visited here on our survey trip. The church is now pastored by Vladimir Caro; I have posted his testimony below.
The church agreed to a three year rent to own arrangement a little over two years ago. They made an initial down payment and have been paying rent plus setting aside money each month to purchase the property. The people of the church have been working very hard to pay off this debt, and we would like to help them in any way we can. The total needed to complete the purchase is approximately $20,000.00 USD. You can email me at email@example.com if you would like more information on how your church can help meet this need.
We can not tell you how grateful we are for you and we really prayed whether to bring this need before you, and believe the Lord has directed us to do so. Its unexplainable to describe the love God has put in our heart for the people of Chile, and we want to do all that we can to see them advance with God.
Vida means life in Spanish and we want to be a part of seeing the Lord give NEW LIFE to many precious souls in Iglesia Bautista Vida. Don’t You?
To God Be The Glory,
Jamie, Erica, Morgan, Luke, & Meredith