We have had a great start to the New Year. We have seen several people saved and baptized in Iglesia Bautista Libertad and Iglesia Bautista Redentor, and both churches continue to grow.
We followed up with a visitor from our Christmas cantata in Redentor and she, her husband and three children made professions of faith in their home and have started discipleship classes in their home. The lady and her husband have been coming the last few weeks to our weekly services.
We also had a younger lady and young man visit recently that made a profession of faith and started discipleship classes. They also have been coming faithfully over the last few weeks.
In January we had a special service to honor those that completed our english class program. We had eighteen in attendance and I had the opportunity to preach the service. The Lord blessed the meeting and we have one young lady from the english classed that is meeting weekly with Erica and going through our discipleship program.
The last Sunday of February was our largest day in Iglesia Bautista Redentor. We had twenty three in our Sunday morning service. This was exciting because the new believers had invited friends and family that came with them. It is a great joy to see new believers growing and inviting people to the church.
Also, we had our youth and pastor’s camps. There were several churches that participated in theses camps. The youth camp had approximately 80 young people attend. There were professions of faith made as well as decisions by many of the young people to give their lives to serve God.
The pastors camp was a great time of getting together with other missionaries that we are working with and national Pastors that they have trained for a couple of days of encouragement and
instruction. The Lord used this time to help each of us to see better how to deal with challenges that we all face in the ministry and to continue moving forward with God.
Erica also had our first ladies meeting for Redentor in our home. The ladies enjoyed some snacks together, played a few games, and Erica taught the lesson.
We knew five years ago when we made our survey trip that Chile was a place where the Lord was working, and I am glad to report that he still is today. It is amazing to see what he is doing and we are more thrilled than ever to be a part of it. The half has not even been told of what the Lord is doing here. It’s not possible for us to tell how thankful we are for your support; both prayerfully and financially for our family. What is being done now is just the foundation of a greater work that will be done. The best is yet to come.
We have several things we want you to be praying with us about.
- A building to become available for Iglesia Bautista Redentor to rent. (currently we are meeting in a community center)
- Funds for the Bible College. (We are raising $250,000 to purchase property for the bible college that will be centrally located. The Lord has sent approx. $45,000)
- The men that are currently training to be pastors. (they face many challenges to follow the Lord and go into the ministry.)
- Continued advancement in the language (I am teaching and preaching 2-3 times a week now and Erica is teaching 2-3 times a week)
- The Lord to continue to give us favor in the communities we are working in
- Pray with us for the Lord’s direction in start a church in 2018