We had a great month in March. Iglesia Bautista Redentor continues to grow and we are having new visitors on a weekly basis. We have seen several people saved recently and starting discipleship classes. We will be having a baptism service soon for the new believers before it gets to cold.
Eight of our ladies attended a retreat. There were approximately 120 ladies that participated. Erica and Morgan had an opportunity to sing in the retreat and take part as well. Unfortunately, they had to leave to make an emergency room visit with Morgan.
Morgan was bitten by something the day before they left for the retreat and the next day her arm looked really bad. There was some concern that it may have been a bite from a poisonous spider; there are no venomous snakes in Chile, but there are some very dangerous spiders. I met Erica and Morgan on the way to the hospital where Morgan was examined, given some IV steroids and another medication, and had blood work to determine if she had any infection in her system or not. Almost six hours later the results came back and she was ok. It was determine to be a sever allergic reaction to an insect bite.
We are grateful for your prayers and support for our family. It is our joy and privilege to serve here in Chile.
- Chile Bible College – We are working with missionary Jason Holt to raise funds for a location for the Bible college. We need to raise $250,000. The Lord has already provided approximately $60,000.00. Any gifts for the Bible College can be sent to MWBM and marked for Chile Bible College.
- Location – We are praying for a home or other building to rent for Iglesia Bautista Redentor. We currently are renting a community center. We only have the community center for the hours of the services. Therefore, we are limited in the things we would like to do in the community to share the gospel.
- Growth – For the new believers in the church. We have had several people saved in the last few months. They are growing in the Lord and bringing family and friends with them to church. We are praying for their continued growth.
- Men – We are praying specifically for the Lord to send us young men to train for the ministry; so that we can send them out to plant new churches.
- Personal Needs – We have some personal needs that we are trusting the Lord for.