What is a Set Up Fund?
How you can help us reach Chile!
In our case, it is funds set aside in an escrow account that are specifically designated to certain items pertaining to our relocation to Santiago, Chile.
How do you know how much you need?
We have researched as much as possible online, spoken with other missionaries in the country, and called as many people as possible. We have done our due diligence. Also, we made a list of the cost of items we can’t take with us on our survey trip so we would know how much we would need to purchase those items when we arrive in the country.
When do you raise these funds?
We have been raising them all along the way. Each month we have set aside funds from our monthly support to go towards our set up fund. We hope this, as well as, the generous gifts of others will help us leave on schedule.
When do you plan to leave for Chile?
We plan to leave June 09, 2015.
What happens if you don’t make it to Chile?
All funds that are designated “set up fund” are placed in an escrow account, and can only be used for this specific need. If for some reason we don’t make it to Chile then those funds will be returned to the donors.
What are items you still need funds for?
1. Container –
* $4000 (Shipping Cost)
* $2000 (Port & Custom Fees)
* $2000 (Deliver from port to home in Chile
2. Vehicle – $10,000
3. Language School – $6000 (This is for 1yr for Erica and I both)
4. Washer & Dryer – $1000-$1500
5. Refrigerator – $750
6. Small Appliances – $500 (Microwave, Toaster, Vacuum, etc.)
7. Up Front Rental Fees – $3000 (First Month, Security deposit, and realtor fees)
How can I give towards the set up fund?
1. You can give online at www.reachchile.org/set-up-fund or www.MWBM.org. (Note: If you give online at reachchile.org we will incur a fee from paypal and if you give at MWBM.org you are charged the fee)
2. Send a check payable to MWBM designated to “Smitheys Set Up Fund” to:
PO Box 519
Braselton, GA 30517
Please continue to pray for us as keep stepping out by faith; trusting God to provide our every need, and specifically pray all will go well with our Visa application.
Jamie, Erica, Morgan, Luke, & Meredith